Homefed Friday: Beef Beer Jerky
Buying beef jerky at the store is expensive and many brands are full of preservatives. Try making this incredibly flavorful and tender beef beer jerky at home. Leave time for prep so you can take this snack on your next weekend adventure!
- 1 pound beef, sliced very thin
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 Island Coastal Lager
- 3 tablespoons of Pickapeppa or Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Trim fat from beef and slice against the grain into very thin strips.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the other ingredients. Pour marinade mixture directly over the beef into the plastic bag. Zip the bag up and massage meat to ensure all of the meat gets covered with marinade.
- Marinate steak overnight; turn bag a few times to make sure that everything gets coated.
- Take meat out of bag, pat meat lightly with paper towels.
- Spray air fryer with non-stick spray. Place meat directly on the tray, in a single layer. Don’t overlap meat too much.
- Set air fryer to 'dehydrate' setting at 180 degrees F and cook for 2 hours, flipping about every 30 minutes.