Homefed Friday: Make it Easy!
Dinner doesn’t need to be difficult. Give yourself more time to take it easy over the weekend by making it easy. Kick back, relax, and let your slow cooker do all the work. And enjoy a few Island Coastal Lagers while your meal cooks!
- 4 pounds boneless beef chuck-eye roast, fat trimmed off and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Crushed red pepper
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup Island Coastal Lager
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of chopped rosemary
- 1/4 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of Island Coastal Lager
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Egg noodles, cooked
- Season beef with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker. Combine onions, water, 1/2 cup Island Coastal Lager (reserve 1 cup for step 2), oil, sugar, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper in 12-inch nonstick skillet. Bring mixture to boil over medium-high heat. Cover and cook until onions are soft and liquid is almost evaporated, about 8 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to cook for another 8 minutes, stirring often until onions are soft and browned. Add tomato paste, garlic, thyme, rosemary and paprika. Cook for 1 minute and gradually stir in flour. Dump in beer and broth, bring to simmer. Cook until sauce thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion mixture to the slow cooker with the beef and stir to combine. Cook until beef is tender, 6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low. Discard thyme sprigs. Stir in parsley, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve over warm egg noodles.